fancy tea lattes seem to be the new thing. and for good reason! i've was never a big tea person, i much rather have had a cup of coffee, or even water for that matter. it wasn't until i was pregnant with amesy that tea became something i reached for. i still needed that hit of caffeine in my second trimester, so i turned to matcha lattes. and in the evening, when i was wanting something to soothe my aches, pains, and sometimes nausea, a fancy tea latte was a little treat i would look forward to making. even after having ames i've still kept up my tea habit.
post-pregnancy, i tend to whiz up a tea latte in the afternoon, it feels like a little gift to myself. something i look forward to after a large part of the day's hustle is over. but around that 3pm-mark is also the time when i start searching my pantry for a snack. i'm not even sure that i'm hungry, but rather it's just a bad habit to nibble and nosh as i go about the afternoon. so i've been making a conscious effort to cut down on the snacking, be more mindful, and grab for something that's fulfilling. and that's where this coconut butter rooibos latte comes in. adding the fatty coconut butter staves off cravings and keeps me full until dinner, and taking a few minutes (or however much time amesy gives me!) time to sip on a warm drink soothes some of the craziness of the day - it's a mid-afternoon self-love situation. something i think we can all take more time to do 💕
big higs! xo
a few other fancy lattes from around the web that i love:
golden dandelion latte from this blog
coconut butter rooibos latte | v
i'm partial to rooibos, but you can use any tea you like here. likewise, if you don't have coconut butter you could use a tablespoon of nut butter with roughly a teaspoon of coconut oil. i think cashew butter would work really nicely.
| serves 1 |
- 3/4 cup filtered boiling water
- 1 rooibos tea bag
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar, maple syrup, or stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon beet powder (optional), more for dusting
- add the tea bag to the boiling water and let steep for 5-6 minutes.
- meanwhile heat the milk until steaming. remove the teabag, and add the rooibos tea, steamed milk, coconut butter, coconut nectar (or sweetener of choice), and beet powder (if using) to a high-speed blender. blend on high for 1 minute until the mixture is combined and frothy.
- pour into your favorite mug, dust with beet powder (if using) and enjoy. 💕